As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Colorado grows, here are the latest updates and information.
Editor’s note: As the coronavirus outbreak continues to evolve, we don’t want you to panic. In fact, quite the opposite. That’s why the Coloradoan is committed to providing you with accurate, up-to-date information so you can make informed decisions on issues affecting you and the people you love. As such, this story, and many others, are being provided free for all to read. Help us continue this important work by subscribing to the Coloradoan.
Here are the latest developments on coronavirus in Colorado:
Updated data on the spread of COVID-19 in Colorado will be added to the top of this story each afternoon around 4 p.m.
Note: This tracker includes updates beginning September 1. Looking for past updates?
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020
Larimer County cases, deaths:
- New cases reported by county: 17 (Note: This is the number of new confirmed and probable cases reported since The Coloradoan last shared information from the county. This may vary from the “new positive cases” listed on the county’s COVID dashboard.)
- New deaths reported by county: 6
- Confirmed cases: 1,878 (positive swab test)
- Probable cases: 51 (people with two of the following: COVID-19 symptoms; epidemiological link to someone who tested positive; positive antibody test)
- Suspect cases: 435 (asymptomatic with positive antibody test)
- Total deaths: 42
- Cumulative cases reported by Colorado State University since June 3 (when CSU reported its first case in a faculty member): 100 as of Aug. 31
- Risk Index in county (based on things such as hospital utilization, new cases, etc.): Medium
- Number of COVID-19 patients in hospitals: 4 (includes Banner and UCHealth)*
- Hospital utilization: 66% (low risk is <70%)*
- ICU utilization: 77% (low risk is <70%)*
Colorado cases, deaths:
- New cases reported by state: 351
- New deaths reported by state: 4
- Current hospitalizations: 144 (85% reporting)
- Hospital transfers or discharges in past 24 hours: 26
- Percent of critical care ventilators in use: 26%
- Hospitals anticipating a staff shortage in the next week: 5%
- Facilities anticipating personal protective equipment shortages in the next week: 1%
- Hospitals anticipating ICU bed shortages in the next week: 1%
- Total cases: 57,775
- Total hospitalizations: 7,053
- Total deaths due to coronavirus: 1,853
- Total outbreaks: 607 (reported at residential and nonhospital health care facilities, correctional settings and other facilities in Colorado, such as factories and group homes)