As COVID-19 cases surge across Colorado, here’s what to know about getting tested for the virus in Larimer County:
Larimer health department COVID-19 test sites
The Larimer County health department provides no-cost drive-thru testing three days a week, with prioritization given to those who pre-register ahead of time.
However, testing will be limited during Thanksgiving week (see the next section for details). Normal hours are:
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 9 a.m. to noon, Colorado State University parking lot 740 by its tennis complex, 2350 Research Blvd. (enter from Centre Avenue), Fort Collins; walk-ins are accepted from 9 to 10:30 a.m. only.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. to noon, The Ranch Events Complex west barn of the MAC Arena (enter through gate 4), 5280 Arena Circle, Loveland; walk-ins are accepted from 9 to 10:30 a.m. only
► An update on outbreaks:Larimer County sees 25 new COVID-19 outbreaks in latest state data
Testing for the week of Thanksgiving
Testing through the Larimer County health department will only be offered from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at 2350 Research Blvd. in Fort Collins, with walk-ins being accepted only from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Testing through the county will also be available at The Ranch in Loveland from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, with walk-ins also only being accepted from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
There will be no COVID-19 testing at Salud Family Health Centers on Nov. 26 and 27. UCHealth drive-thru testing sites will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
UCHealth’s COVID-19 test sites in Fort Collins and Loveland
COVID-19 tests from UCHealth are currently only available to people with a provider’s order or those experiencing symptoms like fever, shortness of breath or a new cough. UCHealth COVID-19 testing sites require all patients to have either an order or an appointment for a test. If you show up outside of your scheduled appointment, you may not receive your test. A nasal swab test at UCHealth costs $85, though many insurance providers cover COVID-19 testing. Antibody blood tests cost $100.
- Fort Collins: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, UCHealth Laboratory, Harmony Campus, 4630 Snow Mesa Drive, Fort Collins. COVID-19 tests will be conducted via a drive-thru; antibody tests are conducted inside.
- Loveland: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, The Ranch, 5380 Arena Circle, Loveland (enter through the north entrance off Fairgrounds Avenue).
Salud Family Health Centers’ COVID-19 test site
COVID-19 supplies and test results are free at Salud, but your insurance company may be billed for the provider time. No co-pay will be collected. Salud requires online registration in order to get a COVID-19 test.
Fort Collins: 1830 Laporte Ave.; 970-484-0999; drive-thru and walk-up testing available (weather and staff permitting) from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Banner Health’s COVID-19 test sites
You can schedule a COVID-19 test in Fort Collins or Loveland through Banner Health by calling 1-844-549-1856.
Stitches Acute Care Center’s COVID-19 test sites
Wellington: 7950 Sixth St.; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. COVID-19 tests at this site are free for those without insurance as part of the federal CARES Act. Patients are encouraged to pre-register for a test online.
► As COVID-19 surges, Larimer County begs:Don’t gather in person for Thanksgiving
Looking for a COVID-19 antibody test?
King Soopers, which has various locations in Larimer County, recently began offering rapid antibody testing in its pharmacies. Conducted using a finger-prick blood sample, the tests are $25 and typically provide results within 15 minutes. Anyone who believes they have been previously infected with COVID-19 and are not currently experiencing symptoms are eligible for the test.
UCHealth offers antibody testing at the following locations:
- Harmony Campus, 4630 Snow Mesa Drive, Fort Collins; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- Poudre Valley Hospital, 1024 S. Lemay Ave., Fort Collins; 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
- Garfield laboratory, 1025 Garfield St., Suite C in Fort Collins; 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
- In Windsor at 1455 Main St., Suite 130; 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
- Medical Center of the Rockies, 2500 Rocky Mountain Ave. in Loveland; 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
Erin Udell reports on news, culture, history and more for the Coloradoan. Contact her at ErinUdell@coloradoan.com. The only way she can keep doing what she does is with your support. If you subscribe, thank you. If not, sign up for a digital subscription to the Coloradoan today.