As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Colorado grows, here are the latest updates and information.
Here are the latest developments on coronavirus in Colorado:
Updated data on the spread of COVID-19 in Colorado will be added to the top of this story each afternoon around 4 p.m.
Note: This tracker includes updates beginning Feb. 1, 2021. Looking for past updates?
Colorado, Larimer COVID data for Feb. 1, 2021
Larimer County cases, deaths:
Larimer County case numbers were not updated as of 4:30 p.m.
- New cases reported by county: 0 (Note: This is the number of new confirmed and probable cases reported since the Coloradoan last shared information from the county. This may vary from the “new positive cases” listed on the county’s COVID dashboard.)
- New deaths reported by county: 0
- Confirmed cases: 17,406 (positive swab test)
- Probable cases: 344 (people with two of the following: COVID-19 symptoms; epidemiological link to someone who tested positive; positive antibody test)
- Total deaths: 200
- New cases reported by Colorado State University: 7 (Note: This is the number of new cases reported since the Coloradoan last shared information from CSU.)
- Cumulative cases reported by CSU since June 2 (the date of CSU’s first reported case): 2,072
- Risk Index in county (based on hospital utilization, new cases, etc.): High
- Number of COVID-19 patients in hospitals: 35 (includes Banner and UCHealth; low risk is <30 patients)
- Hospital utilization: 58% (low risk is <70%)
- ICU utilization: 74% (low risk is <70%)
Colorado cases, deaths:
- New cases reported by state: 884
- New deaths reported by state: 385
- Current hospitalizations: 556 (86% reporting)
- Hospital transfers or discharges in past 24 hours: 73
- Percent of adult critical care ventilators in use: 26%
- Hospitals anticipating a staff shortage in the next week: 9%
- Facilities anticipating personal protective equipment shortages in the next week: 1%
- Hospitals anticipating ICU bed shortages in the next week: 3%
- Total cases: 397,063
- Total hospitalizations: 21,844
- Total deaths due to coronavirus: 5,313
- Total outbreaks: 3,519 (reported at residential and nonhospital health care facilities, correctional settings and other facilities in Colorado, such as factories and group homes)
Colorado COVID-19 vaccination data: