When the kids get a little stir crazy during winter break, here are a few suggestions on things to keep the kids active, entertained and happy. Holly Engelman/The Coloradoan
Anderson Podiatry Center in Fort Collins is calling on the community to donate shoes and socks for its 31st annual Shoes for the Holidays campaign.
Donations will be accepted between Nov. 15 and Jan. 1, 2020, at six main drop-off locations. The donations will be split between six nonprofits: Homeward Alliance, House of Neighborly Service, Junior League of Fort Collins Career Closet, Gabriel House and Mary’s Cradle. Needs Inc. in Cheyenne will also assist in distributing the donations.
More than 4,000 pairs of footwear and 2,900 pairs of socks were donated last year, and organizers hope to surpass those numbers this year.
“There are many reasons that we continue to do this year after year,” said Adriann Anderson, chief operating officer of Anderson Podiatry Center. “The need is just staggering.”
For the participating nonprofits, the impact can be seen daily.
“More than 70% of our clients are working, trying to make ends meet. We provide items such as food, clothing and shoes. People are in tears here, every day,” said Barbara Fecht, director of Need Inc. “They’ll say things like: ‘Is this really all for me?’ ‘Is it free?’ ‘Is there someone I can thank?’”
Any style and size of gently used shoes will be accepted.
Heading into the holidays: 5 Fort Collins things to do this season
- North Fort Collins: Anderson Podiatry Center, 1355 Riverside Ave. Suite C, 970-484-4620
- South Fort Collins: Runner’s Roost, 3500 S. College Ave., Suite 178, 970-224-9114
- North Loveland: Immanuel Lutheran Church and School, 4650 Sunview Drive, 970-667-4506
- Downtown Loveland: J. Day’s Appliance, Mattress & Home Furnishings, 132 E. Seventh St., 970- 669-1357
- East Loveland: Anderson Podiatry Center, 1440 N. Boise Ave., 303-469-2940
- Cheyenne, Wyoming: Anderson Podiatry Center, 1950 Bluegrass Circle, Suite 150, 307-634-7062
Brooklyn Dance is a breaking news reporter. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @hibrookIyn.
Read or Share this story: https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2019/11/14/donate-shoes-socks-distribution-fort-collins-loveland-windsor/2575098001/