Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
The Air Force Thunderbirds flew over Fort Collins and other Colorado cities Saturday to honor those on the front lines of battle against coronavirus Fort Collins Coloradoan
Two flyovers will pass over Fort Collins on Wednesday as a salute to local frontline workers.
Two C-130 Hercules aircraft from the Air Force Reserve’s 302nd Airlift Wing will fly over Colorado hospitals in the late morning and early afternoon to salute health care workers, first responders and essential workers for their efforts during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. F-16’s from the Warriors of the 140th Wing of the Colorado Air National Guard will take place in the late afternoon.
The C-130 flyover will begin in Pueblo, before going over Colorado Springs, Greeley and Fort Collins.
Here is the schedule for the C-130 flyover:
- 11:09 a.m.: Pueblo VA Clinic
- 11:10 a.m.: Parkview Patterson Center (Pueblo)
- 11:11 a.m.: St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center (Pueblo)
- 11:24 a.m.: UCHealth Memorial Hospital (Colorado Springs)
- 11:25 a.m.: VA Hospital-PFC Floyd Lindstrom (Colorado Springs)
- 11:26 a.m.: UCHealth Grandview Hopsital (Colorado Springs)
- 11:28 a.m.: St. Francis Medical Center (Colorado Springs)
- 11:30 a.m.: UCHealth Memorial Hospital North (Colorado Springs)
- 11:59 a.m.: UCHealth Greeley Hospital
- 12:05 p.m.: UCHealth Poudre Valley Hospital (Fort Collins)
Here is the schedule for the F-16 flyover:
- 4:32-4:35 p.m.: Sterling Correctional Facility
- 4:35-4:38 p.m.: Greeley
- 4:38-4:42 p.m.: Fort Collins/Loveland
- 4:42-5:10 p.m.: Mountains
- 5:10-5:18 p.m.: Longmont/Boulder
- 5:18-5:33 p.m.: Denver Metro
- 5:33-5:44 p.m.: Colorado Springs
- 5:44-5:47 p.m.: Pueblo
The Air Force Thunderbirds also performed a flyover across Colorado in April to honor frontline workers.
This article was updated at 9 p.m. Tuesday to reflect the second flyover including F-16’s.
Follow Kevin Lytle at twitter.com/Kevin_Lytle and at facebook.com/KevinSLytle. If you don’t already, please support local journalism at Coloradoan.com/subscribe.
Read or Share this story: https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2020/05/05/air-force-c-130-aircraft-flyover-fort-collins-colorado-honor-coronavirus-frontline-workers/5172297002/