Hoping to win the Powerball jackpot? Here are 13 things more likely to happen than becoming an instant millionaire. Wochit
You might have heard that the Powerball jackpot is approaching $400 million.
Maybe it was on TV, or on the radio during your morning commute, or through a local newspaper looking to capitalize on folks’ fascination with their slim chance of becoming crazy rich overnight.
Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot of $394 million is the largest since March, when a Wisconsin man won the $768.4 million jackpot. The current jackpot has a $274.6 million cash value, which is probably enough to make a dent in your student loan debt.
While we can’t increase your odds of winning — they’re 1 in roughly 292 million, by the way — we’re here to help you be an informed player, should you choose to press your luck.
Here’s everything you need to know about Powerball:
When are Powerball draw days?
Powerball draws occur twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday, at approximately 9 p.m.
Deadline to buy Powerball tickets
Powerball sales end at 7:30 p.m. on draw days in Colorado.
How much does a Powerball ticket cost?
Powerball tickets are $2. Tack on the Power Play for $1 per line and your nonjackpot winnings could be multiplied up to 10 times. The 10x multiplier applies only to drawings with jackpots of less than $150 million.
How to play Powerball
Select six numbers from two separate pools of numbers. Choose five different numbers ranging from 1 to 69. Then, choose one number from 1 to 26 for the Powerball.
The there are nine ways to win, six of which require the correct Powerball. Players can match three, four or five numbers without the Powerball and also win.
Odds of winning Powerball
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 Powerball tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338.
What are the luckiest stores in Northern Colorado?
Since the game’s inception, the luckiest store for Powerball is King Soopers on John F. Kennedy Parkway in Fort Collins. That store has sold five winning tickets with a total winning amount of $2.3 million.
Only one other location within 25 miles of downtown Fort Collins has sold more than two winning Powerball tickets. Three tickets with a total purse of $150,021 have been sold at the King Soopers at 1275 Eagle Drive in Loveland.
Here’s a list of the 13 Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley-area locations that have sold two or more winning tickets, according to the Colorado Lottery.
- 5 winning tickets ($2.3 million in winnings): King Soopers, 4503 John F. Kennedy Parkway, Fort Collins
- 3 winners ($150,021): King Soopers, 1275 Eagle Drive, Loveland
- 2 winners ($2.01 million): Loaf N Jug, 1001 39th Ave., Loveland
- 2 winners (350,000): Safeway, 2160 W. Drake Road, Fort Collins
- 2 winners ($110,000): Safeway, 1426 E. Harmony Road, Fort Collins
- 2 winners ($100,000): Safeway, 2321 W. Eisenhower Blvd., Loveland
- 2 winners ($60,000): 7-Eleven, 2800 S. College Ave., Fort Collins
- 2 winners ($60,000): Zoom Mart, 1603 Specht Point Drive, Fort Collins
- 2 winners ($40,000): Mini Food Mart, 1039 S. Lincoln Ave., Loveland
- 2 winners ($30,000): C-Stop, 120 Eighth Ave., Greeley
- 2 winners ($20,000): Loveland Country Store, 5518 E. U.S. Highway 34, Loveland
- 2 winners ($20,000): Schrader Country Store, 1601 S. College Ave., Fort Collins
- 2 winners ($11,000): Loaf N Jug, 3200 23rd Ave., Evans
Coloradoan editor Eric Larsen can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-224-7745. To support local journalism in Fort Collins and help the Coloradoan reach its goal of reaching 20,000 digital subscribers by the end of 2020, visit offers.coloradoan.com/specialoffer.
Read or Share this story: https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2020/01/28/poweball-january-29-2020-where-to-play-in-fort-collins-loveland/4598171002/